How Vacuum Assisted Technology Works
- Vacuum gently draws skin into the handpiece, skin is stretched thin and target is pulled closer to the energy source.
- Energy is applied to target in which melanocytes are spread apart and blood flow is constricted.
- Target is damaged and skin is released.
Advantages Of High-Speed Vacuum Assisted Technology
- Efficacy: reduction in competing chromophores enables delivery of laser energy more efficiently.
- Safety*: less energy is absorbed by the epidermis and lower fluence is required since the target is closer to the energy source.
- Decreased pain*: The unique vacuum mechanism activates tactile and pressure skin receptors to inhibit the transmission of pain sensation.
How ChillTip™ Works
Skin is cooled before and during
Skin is compressed. Laser beam
applied to skin and target is damaged
Advantages Of ChillTip™ Technology
- Safety: superior epidermal protection is achieved through ChillTip contact cooling
- Patient comfort**: by continuously cooling the skin, pain and discomfort are significantly reduced.
- Efficacy: Compression of the skin rotates follicle closer to the surface, blenches blood vessels and reduces competing chromophores. High fluence enables treatment of areas requiring precision and thin, light hair.
*Ibrahimi OA, Kilmer SL. Long-term clinical evaluation of a 800-nm long-pulsed diode laser with a large spot size and vacuum-assisted suction for hair removal. Dermatol Surg. 2012
**Xia Y, Moore R, Cho S, Ross EV. Evaluation of the vacuum-assisted handpiece compared with the sapphire-cooled handpiece of the 800-nm diode laser system for the use of hair removal and reduction. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2010; 12: 264-268.
PB-00005650 Rev A