A Complete Guide to Cellulite on Legs
Cellulite is a common condition that affects many people across the world and typically occurs on the thighs, buttocks, and hips, but can also occur on other parts of the body. While cellulite is not harmful, nor generally painful, it can be unsightly and can affect the self-esteem of many people.
What Causes Cellulite on Legs?
Cellulite isn’t limited or specific to one area of the body and there is no one single cause of cellulite. Rather, it is widely believed that it can be caused by a combination of factors including genetic factors, hormones, poor circulation, and certain lifestyle habits. These factors alone do not mean that they will immediately cause cellulite on the legs, however they can contribute to its development.
Grades of Cellulite & Their Symptoms
In general, cellulite is typically classified by practitioners into three grades based on its severity.
This is the mildest form of cellulite, where the skin appears slightly dimpled and has a slightly orange-peel texture.
In this stage, the skin has a more pronounced dimpled appearance, with a texture that resembles cottage cheese.
This is the most severe form of cellulite, where the skin has a highly visible dimpled appearance, and the texture is rough and uneven.
Pictures of Severe Cellulite
How to Get Rid of Cellulite on Legs
Whilst it may not be possible to completely get rid of cellulite on the legs, there are several different cellulite treatment options available and home remedies that people recommend to reduce the appearance.
Home Remedies for Cellulite
- Exercise regularly: Exercise can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite by burning fat and building muscle.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help to flush out toxins and reduce fluid retention, which can make cellulite less visible.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can damage the skin and contribute to the development of cellulite.
- Reduce stress: Stress can cause hormonal imbalances that can contribute to the development of cellulite, so finding ways to reduce stress is important.
Cellulite Treatment Options
- Topical creams and lotions: Topical creams and lotions containing caffeine, retinol, or other active ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy can help to improve circulation and reduce fluid retention, which can make cellulite less visible.
- Laser treatments: Laser treatments use light energy to break down fat cells and stimulate collagen production, which can help to smooth out the appearance of cellulite.
- Radiofrequency therapy: Radiofrequency therapy uses radio waves to heat up the skin and stimulate collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Cellulite reduction surgery: Cellulite reduction surgery involves removing fat deposits and tightening the skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite. This is typically considered a last resort, as it is an invasive procedure.
Radio Frequency (RF) to Treat Cellulite
Radio frequency (RF) therapy is a non-invasive treatment option that can be used to reduce the appearance of cellulite on the legs. This treatment involves using radio waves to heat up the skin and stimulate collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
During the treatment, a device is used to deliver radio waves into the skin. The radio waves penetrate the skin and heat up the underlying tissue, causing collagen fibers to contract and thicken. This can help to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Radio frequency is generally considered safe and has few side effects. It may cause some mild redness or swelling in the treated area, but this typically subsides within a few hours.
It’s important to note that radio frequency is not always a one-time solution, and several treatments may be required to achieve the desired results. The number of treatments needed will depend on the severity of the cellulite and the individual’s response to the treatment.
It is important to note that while radio frequency can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite, it may not completely eliminate it. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a healthy diet can help to further improve the results of the treatment and reduce the risk of cellulite returning.
The NuEra Tight by Lumenis is a spectacular device used to target and treat cellulite on the legs safely and effectively. Powered by FocalRF technology NuEra Tight applies multiple frequencies, two treatment modes and effective mechanical massage for connective tissue manipulation, to remodel cellulite and improve the appearance of bumps and dimpling for optimal cellulite reduction.
Radio frequency is a fantastic option for those whom want to effectively treat cellulite on legs in a safe manner. With proven efficacy, having a consultation with a licensed laser practitioner can be the first step towards reaching a solution that will achieve the desired results. To locate the closest clinic to you offering Lumenis treatments, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes cellulite on legs?
Cellulite is extremely common and can stem from a range of different issues including genetic predisposition, hormonal changes and weight gain.
Can cellulite on legs go away on its own?
Unfortunately not, however weight loss and strength training can make it less noticeable in certain areas.
Will cellulite go away with weight loss?
No, losing weight will not automatically remove cellulite.
Lumenis is a global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the Surgical, Ophthalmology, and Aesthetic markets, and is a world-renowned expert in developing and commercializing innovative energy-based technologies, including Laser, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Radio-Frequency (RF). For 50 years, Lumenis’ ground-breaking products have redefined medical treatments and have set numerous technological and clinical gold-standards. Lumenis has successfully created solutions for previously untreatable conditions, as well as designed advanced technologies that have revolutionized existing treatment methods. visit: www.lumenis.co.uk