The VersaPulse PowerSuite 100W was Lumenis’ first high-watt holmium laser solution and a pioneer in its field. It has a successful clinical track record of over 15 years in treatment prostate enucleation (HoLEP) and stone lithotripsy.
Pioneer in HoLEP Procedures
The VersaPulse PowerSuite clinical outcomes are documented in dozens of peer reviewed articles for over a decade and are shown to:
Versatile Solutions for Stone Lithotripsy including Stone-Dusting™
The VersaPulse laser enables a wide range of settings from stone fragmentation to Stone- Dusting. Stone-Dusting Lithotripsy at high-frequency of above 50Hz is efficient at pulverizing stones. Clinical evidence suggests that stone dusting may reduce the need for basket extraction thereby decreasing possible complications associated with the routine use of ureteral access sheaths8. The low energy per pulse applied in dusting typically minimizes retropulsion.
- Kelly DC, Das A, Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate technique for benign prostatic hyperplasia, Can J Urol, 2012.
- American Urological Association Guideline: Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), 2010.
- John Michalak, David Tzou, Joel Funk: HoLEP: the gold standard for the surgical management of BPH in the 21st Century Am J Clin Exp Urol 2015;3(1):36-42.
- Ehab A. Elzayat, Enmar I. Habib, and Mostafa M. Elhilali: Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate: a size-independent new “gold standard” urology 66 (Supplement 5A), November 2005.
- Gilling PJ et al, Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing holmium laser enucleation of the prostate and transurethral resection of the prostate: results at 7 years. BJU Int 2012; 109(3): 408-11.
- Elmansy H et al, Holmium Laser Enucleation Versus Photoselective Vaporization for Prostatic Adenoma Greater than 60 Ml: Preliminary Results of a Prospective, Randomized Clinical Trial. J Urol 2012; 188: 216-221.
- Ahyai S et al, Holmium Laser Enucleation versus Transurethral Resection of the Prostate: 3-Year Follow-Up Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Eur Urol 2007; 52(5):1456-63.
PB-2007841 Rev A